Classification: Full-Time, Non-exempt
Reports to: CFO
Date: March 8, 2017
The Bookkeeper provides accounting support, working with the CFO and Accounting and Compliance Manager to maintain day-to-day accounting functions, preparing and processing financial information and reports.
- Managing and processing accounts payables
- Managing and processing accounts receivable
- Preparation of monthly financial statements
- Processing bi-weekly payroll
- Creating journal entries for the monthly allocation of expenses
- Creating CCL and GrowFood invoices as needed
Duties to include:
- Processing accounts payable for CCL and GrowFood
- Processing accounts receivable and payments for GrowFood
- Creating and entering journal entries as needed, including the allocation of expenses
- Creating monthly financial reports
- Preparing additional reports and spreadsheets as requested, gathering information from multiple sources, maintaining accurate records and efficient follow-up
- Assisting with grant budgeting and reporting
- Reviewing Raiser’s Edge pre-posting report
- Performing maintenance and cleanup of the Financial Edge database, under the guidance of the Accounting and Compliance Manager
- Managing book inventory and reconciliation
- Collecting monthly timesheets from employees and processing payroll
- Other Duties as assigned
- To process payroll following the approval process
- To deposit funds into the CCL and GFC checking accounts, if requested
- To run credit card transactions for contributions, if requested
- To prepare CCL and GFC checks upon written approvals from management
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective speaking and listening skills
- Attention to detail
- Organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to act in a professional and friendly manner
- Adaptable to changing priorities
- Ability to complete tasks individually and function as part of a team
Supervises: Not applicable for this position.
The job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses technology equipment such as a computer, LCD projector, printer, copier and multi-line telephone system.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands, and climb stairs. The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 25 pounds.
This position does not involve out of town travel, and local travel will be less than 5% of the time.
Required Education and Experience:
- Associates degree or higher in Accounting or Business, with a minimum of 5 years of related work experience or equivalent combination of experience, training and knowledge
- Advanced knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office Software Programs, with intermediate knowledge of Excel
- Proficient with accounting software
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Other duties may be required in the job as requested by the Supervisor.
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or via regular mail to Coastal Conservation League, Human Resources, P.O. Box 1765, Charleston, SC 29402. No telephone calls, please. EOE.