Classification: Part Time, Non Exempt, Unpaid
Reports to: Coastal Conservation League Director of Development
Date: April 10, 2017
Join the fast-paced, FUN team at one of the most cutting- edge environmental organizations in the country. Since 1989, the Coastal Conservation League has been working with communities, businesses, and other conservation and citizen groups to protect what we love about the South Carolina coast. A robust donor development program supports the advocacy work we accomplish in land and wildlife conservation, air and water quality, energy and transportation.
We are seeking an intern to work under the supervision of the development director to interview current donors to learn why they give and what impact the Conservation League has on this community. The intern will produce 4-5 stories in variable formats for use in future donor communications efforts. The intern will also provide general support in events, database management and other fundraising activities as needed. Excellent communication skills are required. Candidates must be self-motivated and creative.
The South Carolina Coastal Conservation League needs strong stories to help encourage more people to join as members. The development staff use mail, email and face-to-face visits to raise money for our mission. The primary responsibility of the development intern will be to contact current donors and interview them about why they give and turn these stories into content that can be used for future letters, emails and social media. In addition, the intern will learn how a development department works and will help with many aspects of our ongoing work.
- Website/magazine content
- Staff Interviews
- Selection of member and advocate story candidates
- Contact story candidates via email and phone to ask for their participation
- Where possible, face-to-face interviews with local story candidates; otherwise conduct interviews via phone
- Photography of story candidates and associated places
- Create story packages in long form, email and social media formats with full photo credits
- Circulate drafts for review to director of development, chief conservation office and communications associate
- Complete final versions
- Historic preservation and community planning
To apply: Please send a resume, cover letter and writing sample to Membership and Events Manager Kristy Collins at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, April 24.