Warehouse Assistant / Part Time – Non-Exempt
Who we are: GrowFood Carolina is a wholesale local food hub located in downtown Charleston, SC. Our mission is to create economic opportunities for farmers in order to conserve South Carolina’s productive agricultural landscapes and provide a sustainable local food system for our communities. GrowFood is a project of the Coastal Conservation League (CCL) who has worked to protect the natural landscapes, abundant wildlife, clean water and quality of life in South Carolina for over 30 years.
Description: This is a part time position for approximately 20 hours per week. The primary function is supporting the warehouse team with day to day operations. The environment is fast-paced and demands quick thinking and calm execution while always keeping the best interest of farmers and customers in mind.
Warehouse Schedule-Monday-Friday 6:30am – 4:30pm. Shift Start/End will vary.
- Inventory management
- Quality control
- Loading and unloading trucks
- Assembling customer orders
- Warehouse cleaning
Requirements & Attributes:
- Great attention to detail
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication
- High level of customer service
- Must be able to lift 60 pounds and be on your feet for extended periods of time including stooping, kneeling, and bending over
- Positive attitude with a self-directed, entrepreneurial approach to work
We are a growing, passionate team of individuals committed to revitalizing our local food system. We all wear many hats, so best applicant is someone who is willing to jump in and do whatever needs to get done with a smile. Resume with brief cover letter should be emailed to email@example.com. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
NO PHONE CALLS OR VISITS PLEASE!